Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oil Ranch

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending Riley's class field trip to Oil Ranch in Hockley. I was super excited because this was the first field trip that I have been able to attend. In the past, I was still in school and it never failed when a field trip was planned I always had a test or presentation in a class and HAD to go. So now that I have graduate, field trips here I come! One of the mom's mentioned yesterday that she heard after 2nd grade, it is "not cool" for mom's to go too, but we decided, cool or not we will still go!

I had never heard of this place before and I have to say I was pleased with the outcome. It was the perfect place for their age. We went on a hay ride and fed the cows "cow candy" (range cubes), milked a cow, went on pony rides, took a train ride, fed the animals in the petting zoo, and visited the Indian Village! The kids had a blast! It was so good to see smiles on all their faces all day!

Riley and me on the Hay Ride

Riley milking the cow, she was skeptical at first then loved it!

Pony ride!

Feeding the lamb in the Petting Zoo

Playing on the Indian Swing

Riley and Friends in the TeePee

Mrs. Kwiatkowski's First Grade Class

1 comment: